What I Found at Allume
I wrote about things that I lost at Allume. I’m sure there were other items that went missing that I’ll discover over time. I’ll react differently the next time I come upon a familiar situation and it will be due to Allume. I’ll approach a task without a past attitude and it will be due to Allume.
I’m sure that life with be different in grand and subtle ways from now on, this may be due to some of the things I FOUND in Greenville, too. I would like to share some of those things now.
1) Strength and endurance – If you know me well, you know I’m not an early bird. I’m not a night owl either. I think I mentioned the sleep I lost. I also found that I was able to go long past any reasonable limit that I would’ve put on myself. There were moments that I fully felt as if I was only supplying the material body to move and speak and think, but the power moving through me was certainly not my own. I think I got a small taste of the dunamis we are giving by the Holy Spirit. As JJ Evans would say, it was “Dyn-O-Mite!!!” (Please tell me that you got this reference.)
2) Discomfort – I’m not really a fan of attention. I should clarify. I am pretty uncomfortable getting attention, from a large group anyway. If you were at Allume you may remember that the whole team had to come up no stage at one point during the first dinner. Two things about that: first, I had no idea that was going to happen, hence me wearing tennis shoes; second, that was one of the ickiest moments of the weekend for me. I’m much more a behind-the-scenes kind of gal.
Use your wonderful imagination to picture me being uncomfortable onstage. :)
2) Sensitive hearing and listening – one of the strangest things I found was audibly hearing my name behind me on several occasions. I would stop and turn, see no one that I recognized, continue on my way to cross paths with someone I NEEDED to see for one reason or another. It may have been a speaker I needed to locate, another team member, or a lone attendee staring at their feet while waiting for the elevator. I was stopped long enough for the perfect timing. I was also able to work on my listening with some great friends. I’m not a great listener at times. Granted, I didn’t get many opportunities, but it was so unlike me. Thankfully!
3) Guidance – the few sessions that I was able to attend were PERFECT for me. I plan to get the recordings of the others when they are available, but I ended up where I needed to be. From Holley Gerth to Jones Design Company to the (in)Courage Panel I was given words that dovetailed with the keynotes. I was given the image of the sessions forming a tank that would be filled with the fuel from the keynotes to propel me in the right direction. Don’t you just love how God will direct our steps when we let Him! Of course, now it’s up to me to follow through and that just isn’t my strongest attribute. Hold me accountable for that, won’t you?
4) Passion – this one has several components. I felt a renewed commitment to spreading the word about charitable organizations that are doing amazing work, doing my own work that makes me fill alive and is in a sense art (link), and confirming what I’ve always sensed about myself and how I want to interact with others. You’ll hear more about this in the near future.
5)Goodies – Oh, I would be remiss if I didn’t give great thanks to the amazing sponsors (link) that have filled my home with words, art, ornaments, videos, resources, information, and plans for the future. I was blessed by my friends Janelle and Kathi in an unexpected way that make my hear smile. So much Goodness!!
6)Friends – YOU!!! New and old: co-laborers for the good work that I’d never met in person, online friends that I just knew I would entangle with in person, those I hadn’t seen in a year, neighbors (nearly), and those with whom the relationship has just begun. You are the true treasure that I brought back with me. Can I keep you forever?
Like the lost items, I expect over time to discover more that I FOUND at Allume. I’ll be digging around in my life and not know that there was another trinket of great worth that I had carried home in my suitcase – or more likely my soul.
Thanks to you all for being the most amazing Lost & Found ever made available.
What have you found recently, either from Allume or your time with The LORD that you weren’t looking for?