Looking for Five Minute Friday? It’s at the bottom. Feel free to read my list, though. ;)
1) I’m rooming with the hubby this year. Hopefully he already knows these things, that’s why I’m writing to you. The reason that the hotel filled up is the exact reason he’s coming with me this year – The Gran Fondo Hincapie. We both love cycling and this is an amazing chance to see world class cyclists up close and personal.
2) I have either waited a whole year to see your lovely face again, or I’m thrilled to actually get to meet you for the first time. Seriously! I love meeting people and hanging out with friends. Ah, but you say, “you have no idea who I am.” No matter! If you are planning to be at Allume you are a fascinating, passionate, beautiful person. Who wouldn’t want to meet her?!?
3) I tend to get hyped up in big crowds – I think that is the definition of an extrovert. I am energized and in my happy place. Feel free to remind me to dial it down a notch or two. I may have forgotten to tell myself.
4) I also love to tuck away in a corner for a bit and just watch. People watching is a favorite activity. I love watching interactions, reunions, first-time meetings, collaborations, reflection. Since I took that anthropology class way back when, I have been enthralled with how people are with each other – or alone.
5) I may forget your name – 4 times. I may also know your name before we ever meet in person. I have never quite figured out why my brain remembers some names and others just slide off like an egg in a Teflon pan. I apologize for asking again and again. I also apologize for completely freaking you out.
6) If we hop in the Smile Booth together please make sure we get plenty of pictures together. Last year I left with one print. I always feel bad about taking the print, but I want to make sure I take some home, too. I’m generally up for making a fool of myself with a prop or a totally unflattering full on laugh.
7) If for some reason you are reading this and we’ve never “met” online before, please introduce yourself. Look me up on twitter @ACTilson, leave a comment, email me. See #2!
8) I am beyond excited about the speakers and some of the opportunities we will have this year. Some of my favorite organizations are sponsors and I can’t wait to partner with them at the conference. Have you checked out thesponsors? If not, this is some good homework to do beforehand. Maybe you will even want to put a special section in your conference binder.
9) I am a slow eater. I get wrapped up in conversations at meals and often forget there is a plate of food in front of me. Although, these delicious meals will be prepared, set out and cleaned up by someone other than me. That makes a simple sandwich more appealing and I may just be savoring every bite.
10) This will be the first time that we have left our son with family and gone on a trip. I have a twinge of anxiety about this. I’m not so much anxious for us as I am for the little guy and the grandparents. I’m also a little worried he won’t want to go back home with us when we pick him up on Sunday.
So that’s my list! I’m linking it up over at Allume today. If you’ve come over from Five Minute Friday, you’re next. This is a Two-fer day. I’m still getting settled into my house while also working behind the scenes with the (in)CouragersCommunity Groups and this lovely conference. Life is a little busy. So glad you’ve hung with me today. Without further ado, here are my five minutes on:
This word has been on my mind a lot lately:
When will I empty the last box.
I found that one thing I’ve been looking for, at last.
The last time I saw my friends arriving tonight.
The last words I heard my granny say in her hospital room.
There is something about last that feels final, like a period at the end of a book. There is also a feeling of a springboard.
Last leads me to next.
Next is full of hope, sometimes full of dread. Next can also make me exhausted even considering it.
I’ve stalled at times wondering if the last was truly the end and if the next would ever come. Sometimes this space is like that. I pass the last without noticing until it is days later. Let’s hope the next next isn’t that far away.
Disclaimer: I had to go back and italicize so the words would make sense. Hope you will forgive me this editing violation. Now I need to visit you all, last week was a little crazy. Sorry if I missed you then.