As you may have seen me mention once or a thousand times, I am attending the Allume Conference at the end of the month. In preparation for this trip, I need to give my roomies, Becky Daye and TracI Little the 4-1-1 on me and what to expect. Becky and I have been friends for years, but Traci has no idea what she’s in for on this little jaunt.
If you are going to be there you might find this list interesting or useful, too. Enjoy!
1) Becky – you know I love you, girl! You know I love your sweet family; you know I love my family. Do you know that I am THRILLED that they will not be there with us? That sounds awful, doesn’t it? But we’re realists and know that we will have more fun and time to catch up and be silly without them.
Tracy – I cannot wait to meet you. Hopefully, I will have gotten to know you better through your words before then. I tend to cling fast and hard, so be prepared to become friends for a very long time.
2) I bought new pajamas. Yes, I did. They have silver sparkles in them – totally a coincidence and before any such discussion may or may not have happened on twitter about the state of some attendee’s hair coloring (or lack thereof). Currently, I am still on the lookout for new bedroom shoes. I hate shoe shopping, unless I find something that actually fits, then I love shoe shopping.
3) My business cards that I had printed are purple. If they all fall off onto the floor in a big pile it will be very easy to sort mine out of the mess. You’re welcome. Just trying to plan for every circumstance here.
4) I will have an inordinate amount of cosmetic supplies and tools considering the outcome that will be achieved. I promise to keep all my junk in my bag, except while it is in use. I will, however, let you use my absolutely amazing Croc flatiron if you are in the mood for some crazy straight hair. It’s hot pink, and I do mean hot! This baby cooks – and ROCKS!
5) I probably talk too much, too frequently and I easily veer off-topic. Feel free to use the “zip it” sign or put me in verbal time out when I need it.
6) If I am given a hot breakfast, specifically a waffle, at any time, I may not talk to you - or anyone. I figured the other day it’s been about three years since I’ve actually eaten a hot waffle. Coincidence of timing with getting our son, I think not. Hot food will be a highlight of this conference for me.
7) This will be the first time that I have been away from the little guy, except for one night he spent at Nana’s house. Will I be sad, and depressed, and on the edge of tears all weekend – NO!! This is gonna be like vacation, baby! Bring it on! You might also want to start praying for Shane. This will be his first time flying solo on the parenting mission. It includes two pickups and one drop off, a packed lunch, and being the sole entertainment of a 3 year old for multiple hours.
8) You will not be intimidated at all by my stylish wardrobe of spanking new clothing that spills out of my suitcase. However, you may be jealous that I did, in fact, only bring comfy clothes and layers so I don’t freeze in the sessions. I will strive for a certain level of cuteness, but I can only do so much. Do keep an eye out for the fun colored pants I found, though.
9) My accent and word usage is prone to shift dramatically depending on who I have been talking to most recently. My goal is to help you be fluent in the appropriate use of “y’all” and “all y’all” before our time together is ended. The gals from my neck of the woods will be impressed. (You know who you are.)
10) I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE BOTH OF YOU!!! What I have waited impatiently for over the past months has finally arrived. I’m giddy with excitement and so tickled to get to see you, Becky and meet you Tracy. That goes for all my other twitter and bloggy peeps that keep me up late on Thursday nights, fill my stream with laughter and tears and have been my people when I had none close by.
BONUS: I am missing my 20th class reunion Homecoming at James Madison University for this here shindig. If you know me well, you know I love my Dukes! I have a feeling it will be worth it.
LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!
Anything else you want to know, just ask it in the comments. I may, or may not, answer. ;)